The executive offices and showroom, the studio of the brand’s founder, Wanny Di Filippo, and his amazing bison museum are all located within just a few steps from each other, inside a single block designed by the majestic shape of Palazzo Corsini. It’s the same place where Il Bisonte started as an artisanal workshop fifty years ago.
The love for high quality leather, fabrics and finishes is the foundation of Il Bisonte’s manufacturing philosophy. All the raw materials used to create bags and accessories come from Tuscany’s best artisan districts, where the company itself was born.
The small village of Pontassieve is the focal point around which Il Bisonte’s entire manufacturing universe can be found within a radius of only 30 km. A short production chain is gently guarded by the Arno and Sieve rivers and located just a few minutes from Florence, in the center of a territory known for its superior craftsmanship.
Il Bisonte was born in 1970 in an artisan workshop in Florence’s historic center, just a few steps from the Duomo and Ponte Vecchio. Even today, fifty years later, the brand’s headquarters and flagship store are located in the same place where its first creations were imagined and produced.
‘A dorso di buffalo’, illustrated magazine in the “Buffalo Bill” series. Printed in 1932 by Nerbini Publishing House in Florence.
The legendary pioneer (born William Frederick Cody, 1846 – 1917) claimed to have exterminated more than 4000 bison during his military expeditions against the Native Americans and to protect the new railway.
Small carved bison in white onyx. On its side turquoise feathers and horns are embedded, in a style typical of Native Americans who consider the white bison a prophetic symbol that brings peace and prosperity, and is associated with the absolute divinity (the Great Spirit).